Waka Flocka’s Younger Brother Kayo Redd Commits Suicide

Tragedy struck the family of Waka Flocka after it was learned his younger brother Kayo Redd committed suicide Sunday evening .

Details surrounding the aspiring rapper’s death are sketchy, but Waka Flocka and his mother Debra Antney confirmed Kayo’s death via Twitter.

“MY FUCKING LIL BROTHER KILLED HISSELF FUCKKKKKKKKK LIFEEEEEEE

“God please bless me,” Waka wrote.

“I just lost another son,” Antney added Sunday at 10:45 p.m.

Antney lost a son in 2000 to an automobile accident when Waka was 13 years old. Antney told Vibe Magazine the death had a negative impact on the Bricksquad Monopoly frontman.

“Since my son died, that’s when [Waka] flipped,” she told Vibe Magazine. “He hated everything dealing with school because my son, his death was a sneak out the house to go help a kid with his homework before his father came home, so the kid wouldn’t get a beating. Waka told him to go, he’ll cover for him. So [when he was biking home and killed by a car] Waka blamed hisself. He feels very responsible for my son’s death—that’s what flipped him out.”

Waka echoed his mother’s claims in an interview with AceShowBiz.

“That whole period of my life really messed with my head,” he said. “I ain’t even gonna lie – it killed me as a man. But it also made me stronger as a man in the future.”

Kayo Redd prepped and released the mixtape “Redd Kisses” before his untimely death. Kayo’s final tweet has him promoting the project.

“Make Sure You Go Vote & Download My Latest Mixtape Redd Kisses: #YNS #ReddKisses,” he wrote.

Download/stream Kayo Redd’s “Red Kisses” mixtape below

We’ll continue to update this story as more details unfold.

Check out music from Kayo Redd below.

Sign up to become a member of kollegekidd.com by clicking here.
For Updates, Be sure to Follow kollegekidd.com on Twitter @KollegeKidd by clicking here.
You can also stay up-to-date by liking kollegekidd.com FaceBook Page by clicking here

This entry was posted in Kidd Music, Kidd Tragedy and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Waka Flocka’s Younger Brother Kayo Redd Commits Suicide

1. Anonymous says:

he look just like waka flocka… rip

2. blujuiced says:

my condolences go out to his family

3. Tiffany says:

damn i know waka flocka hurtin right now smh

4. Anonymous says:

keep yo head up waka. I’m praying 4 yhu

5. Pingback: Rapper Kayo Redd, Waka Flocka’s Younger Brother, Dead | W.A.R.S Missouri

6. Pingback: Waka Flocka Flame’s Little Brother Kay O Redd Found Dead

7. Pingback: Rapper Kayo Redd, Waka Flocka Flame’s Younger Brother, Dead | Kris Design News

8. Pingback: Waka Flocka Flame's Younger Brother Passes Away

9. East Atlanta Zone 6 says:

I aint ever wish death on nobody but he seemed like a thrill lil dude… fuck his moms and waka tho they some str8 bitchs for what they did to gucci on 1017 robbing from the hand that feeds em wakas moms a str8 fucking fat dirty unloyal bitch

10. Pingback: Waka Flocka Flame’s Brother Kayo Redd Found Dead In Atlanta

11. Pingback: Rapper Kayo Redd, Waka Flocka Flame’s Younger Brother, Dead | Brain Cage

12. Pingback: UPDATE: Waka Flocka’s Brother Kayo Redd Took His Own Life? | JUKEBOX:DOPECONTENT.

13. Pingback: Waka Flocka’s Brother Kayo Redd Passes Away

14. Pingback: Rapper Kayo Redd, Waka Flocka Flame’s Younger Brother, Dead – RollingStone.com | Global Music Cart

15. Tru Known says:

It’s sad man, My prayers go out to waka and his family. R.I.P

16. Pingback: Gossip Moms » Kayo Redd, Waka Flocka Flame’s Younger Brother Dead: Of Mysterious Causes

17. Pingback: Waka Flocka Flame’s Younger Brother Kayo Redd Dies Of Mysterious Causes - Hollywood Life

18. Pingback: Rapper Kayo Redd, Waka Flocka Flame’s younger brother, died yesterday in Atlanta. | Bishopdeville.com